Is today your lucky day?
Here are the Powerball winning numbers for Wednesday, August 3, 2022:
9 – 21 – 56 – 57 – 66 and Powerball 11
Powerplay is 2x
According to Powerball.com, the jackpot is estimated at $202 million, with cash options at $119.5 million.
The last Powerball jackpot was won in June, when a Middlebury, Vermont lottery player hit the $366.7 million jackpot.
Meanwhile, the Mega Millions jackpot is $36 million and the cash option is $21.4 million, according to the Mega Millions website. Last week, an Illinois lottery player won the $1.337 billion Mega Millions jackpot.
Until recently, lottery winners in New Jersey needed to be identified, but now under a new law signed by Gov. Phil Murphy, winners will be able to remain anonymous.
How do I play Powerball?
Powerball draws are held 3 times a week – Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10:59pm Monday draws added in 2021.
Each ticket costs $2, but you can add Power Play for $1, which will increase your potential winnings to five times your original winnings (except for jackpots and game 5). There is also a 10x chance of Power Play when the jackpot is under $150 million.
Each player chooses five numbers from 1 to 69 for the white ball and one number from 1 to 26 for the red power ball. However, you can also let the lottery machine generate quick votes with random numbers for you.
Prizes range from $4 for matching the Powerball to $1 million for matching all five white balls (except California) to the jackpot for matching all six. You can view all bonus payouts on the Powerball website here.
Where can I play Powerball?
You can play the game in 45 states, as well as Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Many grocery stores, gas stations, and convenience stores sell lottery tickets. Some states allow buying Powerball lottery tickets online, but beware of scam sites. Before purchasing tickets online, consult your state lottery for more details on online sales.
You do not need to be a U.S. citizen or a resident of the specific state where you purchased the ticket.
Powerball, Mega Millions:These are the states with the luckiest jackpot winners
How to watch Powerball drawing?
The Powerball draw will be broadcast live on the lottery website at 10:59 p.m. ET Monday, Wednesday and Friday. You can view the drawing by clicking here.
The drawing may also be broadcast on local TV stations in your market.
What are my odds of winning?
Playing Powerball can be exciting, but don’t spend millions until you win.
The odds of winning the jackpot are 292,201,338 to 1.
The odds of matching all five white balls are 11,688,053 to 1.
Bad luck? 13 Crazy Things That Are More Likely to Happen Than Winning the Lottery
What does cash option mean?
Major US lotteries offer two jackpot payout options: annuity and cash.
Annuity options pay out over time. Pay now, then pay 29 times a year, increasing by 5% per year.
The cash option is significantly lower than the advertised jackpot, but it’s a one-time payment. You don’t have to wait decades to get all your money.
What is the biggest Powerball jackpot?
Here are the top 10 jackpots since the Powerball lottery began in 1992:
- $1.586 billion, January 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida and Tennessee
- $768.4 million, March 27, 2019: Win in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million, Aug. 23, 2017: Win in Massachusetts
- Jan. 20, 2021, $730 million: Win in Maryland
- Oct. 4, 2021, $699.8 million: Win in California
- $687.8 million, October 27, 2018: Two winners in Iowa, New York
- $632.6 million, January 5, 2022: Two winners in Wisconsin, California
- $590.5 million, May 18, 2013: Win in Florida
- $587.5M, Nov. 28, 2012: Missouri Arizona State Two Championships
- $564.1 million, February 11, 2015: Three winners in North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Texas
What is the largest lottery jackpot ever in the US?
Here are the top jackpots won in the U.S. between the Powerball and Mega Millions lotteries:
- $1.586 billion, Powerball, January 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida and Tennessee
- $1.537 billion, millionaire, October 23, 2018: Win in South Carolina
- $1.337 billion, millionaires, July 29, 2022: Illinois
- $1.05 billion, millionaires, January 22, 2021: Winning in Michigan
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019: Win in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017: Win in Massachusetts
- $730M, Powerball, Jan. 20, 2021: Win in Maryland
- $699.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 4, 2021: Win in California
- $687.8 million, Powerball, October 27, 2018: Two winners in Iowa, New York
- $656 million, March 30, 2012: Three winners in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland